AR Comic: Masters of the Sun: The Zombie Chronicles (AR readthrough)

 


While I've been researching augmented reality for my MA, and with the AR app already obsolete on Android, I decided to pull together this video before the app completely disappears from Apple's app store. 

The Black Eyed Peas' Masters of the Sun: The Zombie Chronicles, is a 2017 AR graphic novel of very high, unprecedented quality; Drawn by Damion Scott, colours by Sigmund Torre (both incredible artists) and featuring a vast array of well-known names and talent, including will.i.am, Hans Zimmer, Krs-One, Rakim, Queen Latifah, Jamie Foxx and Snoop Dogg. The comic is even narrated partially by the recently departed Mr. Marvel Comics himself, Stan Lee.

So what happened to it? Why has the AR app not been updated in 5 years? I have my own thoughts as to why, but I'll save that for another post. In the meantime, I hope some people can glean an idea of how they've used AR tech within the traditional comic book format, and that it'll offer inspiration and improvement for future projects. Enjoy! ^^

Edit: I'm aware that there is a sound fault near the end of the video. >< But luckily the rest is fine.

Comments

Popular Posts